Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Today is The Day to Be Inspired

Inspire.

When you say it slowly, it really is a funny sounding little word.

But this little word describes something huge.

It's that feeling you get when you see something beautiful and all you want to do is just bask in the beauty and be still. It's the way someone's words can lift you off the ground when you've fallen so deep. It's the sound of single music notes all played together to create a masterpiece. It's someone else's life that is lived in such way that calls you to some sort of action or mission. It can be as simple as a summer rainstorm or as complex as the La Sagrada Familia Gaudi Cathedral in Barcelona.

Inspire isn't just a little word for from it comes greatness.

Today, I want to fill you with inspiring things. What you do with it is up to you.


Amazing tile detail with a sense of humor
Beautiful jewelry by Cathy Waterman
Who knew desserts could be so inspiring?
Color combinations that make me happy
What woman isn't inspired by her clothes?
Awesome furniture placement and use of color makes me want to spend time in this room
One of the most amazing and intricate cathedrals in the world. I could sit on a bench outside this place for hours and still not catch every detail.

Words that inspire

Amazing Grace Lyrics

John Newton (1725-1807)
Stanza 6 anon.

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.

Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come;
'Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far
and Grace will lead me home.

The Lord has promised good to me.
His word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be,
As long as life endures.

Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
And mortal life shall cease,
I shall possess within the veil,
A life of joy and peace.

When we've been here ten thousand years
Bright shining as the sun.
We've no less days to sing God's praise
Than when we've first begun.

Beautiful and calming design

This piece gives me chills

Fun and unexpected design
The late Great Alexander McQueen, I wonder what inspired him to create these?

Natural inspiration
This inspires me to organize my office at home!
Unique architecture that just doesn't seem real
A simple daisy
Breaking the rules with a white floor.
The Cinque Terra coast with bright colorful buildings
I am always inspired my Anthroplogie display windows

As Interior Designers we are also artist and our inspiration comes from all different places. I think everyone is an artist in some way, whether it's the way we dress, the way we cook or even just the way that we fix our hair in the morning. These are all ways that we express who we are. So, what inspires you the most? What do you do with your inspiration?
~Jessica