Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Hiatus

So sorry I've been away from the computer and the blog for a while now and all you are getting is an occasional post. But here's my excuse: WE MOVED!!!

Oh my gosh I have never been more happy to have something over with in my life, I would even go through college finals all over again over moving, by myself, in 108 degree weather! It was a nightmare. My husband Eric had to be out of town for work so I was stuck with getting the job done. I was sweating profusely from 9:30 in the morning until 9:30 at night!

You might be wondering what awesome super cute house did we buy and move into? I am wondering the same thing. Yep that's right, we are in transition folks. When people ask I just tell them we are nomads at the moment. We are bunking in my parent's boat house until we can get things figured out, like where we want to live and all that.

I am so happy that we are all finished moving but I know we are just going to have to do the same thing as soon as we find a new house. I am not sure how long this transition is going to be because we have actually made an offer on two houses already and they have both fallen through. One due to a California owner who doesn't quite understand Texas prices and the other, an adorable 1945 cottage that had severe structural issues and I was not about to fall into that money pit. So I am starting to think that God might be telling us something, something like just be patient and wait, something that I have to be told a lot!

Now that we don't own a house we kind of feel like we could just go anywhere. Be adventurous and take off for the beach, hmm or maybe the mountains. I don't know, the sky....errr Eric's employment... is the limit! However I do have 6 incredibly cute nephews and 1 adorable niece that I just don't think I could leave behind.

Until we get things figured out, here's the view from our place!


~Jessica

0 comments:

Post a Comment