Wednesday, August 24, 2011

What's up

It's been a while since we've posted much.  Jessica is moving and I went on vacation for a week.  We went to Gulf Shores, AL.  It's was wonderful and relaxing to be with family and friends.  


Usually on vacation, especially a relaxing one, I seem to get clarity and step back from my life.  I realized that going into debt over my pride wasn't the smartest decision.  I need to be a better business women and steward of my family's income.  I decided that moving Studio B Designs into my home makes the best financial sense.  It started out of my home, so I know what to expect.  Who can possibly predict what God has in store for us.  Life can change so suddenly.  This past year has been exciting and tumultuous.  I know there is a purpose and a path that God has provided, I just need to figure it out.  

Matthew 6:25 "Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on.  Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? v33 But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you."   I long for a xanax daily and worry about eating because I love food!  I worry about wanting it and then about the calories!  And who doesn't worry about how they look?!  I certainly lust over a new Anthropologie outfit ...


and Trina Turk Pillows ....



It's very easy to get sucked into constantly wanting things, especially in my profession.  I believe the challenge is to have balance and to be content.  Matthew 6 says simplicity is vital to living a life that worships God. Prayer can shift the focus from ourselves to God.  I must remember to put God and people first and then have those few things that bring joy to my life.  If you can't afford it, then it can't bring you joy.  So, I need to shift my focus and I sometimes I need to do this hourly.  

I will be moving the office into my home by the end of September 2011.  I will be posting before and after pictures as well as progress updates.  I know many businesses right now are having to do the same thing.  So hopefully, you will be inspired by our move.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment