Spring may finally be here, but that doesn't mean in this Texas weather that is won't still get chilly occasionally. You should keep your favorite lightweight winter accessories on hand. They can easily be worked into your spring wardrobe as the weather is starting to warm up.
Also, I wanted to include ways to wear your favorite articles of clothing as perfect transitional pieces for the changing seasons.
Spring to Summer
Check out Loft to see how to wear Spring essentials now and later. You can also find styled outfits that are put together for you.
Summer to Fall
Here are a few examples of how to wear Summer clothes into the start of Fall.
Add a fall color cardigan and light weight scarf to your summer shirt and shorts.
Add a fall color cardigan to your sleeveless tops and skirt.
I love that you can take a summer dress, throw on a cardigan and a pair of boots and you're ready for Fall.
Summer to Winter
Have a summer dress that you just love? Wear it into winter with tights, boots and light jacket.
These are great example on how to take a piece of clothing from your closet and wear it a totally different way than your intended when buying the article of clothing. Layering is a very popular trend right now. Trendy and flattering.
Boots in Spring & Summer
I think this looks great. The boots aren't heavy looking like winter boots.
Low boots are more suitable for the summer look and temperature.
What do you think? Are boots appropriate for spring and summer? The stars seem to think so.
These garments can be worn with almost anything, at any time of the year.
1.) Good pair of jeans
2.) Little Black dress
3.) The Perfect Tee
5.) Trench Coat
Do not just buy any pair of jeans. Your jeans need to be flattering on your body type.
- Baggy jeans can make you look larger while tapered or skinny jeans can make your tights look larger.
- Jeans that have a high waist line can make your waist and hips look larger.
- Stretch jeans accentuate your behind well if you have curves (good curves). If you have a flat behind then stretch jeans can make it look even flatter.
- If you are short, wear long jeans that cover some of the shoe.
- Select jeans with pockets that center on each cheek to make your toosh look smaller.
- Remember jeans do stretch out. If you have a favorite pair of jeans, save them for work or going out. Don't wear them lounging around the house or doing yard work, this will put a lot of unnecessary wear and tear in them.
- Do NOT let the bottoms drag on the ground. They will fray and look worn. If they are too long, spend the extra money to get them hemmed. If you wear heels and flats, invest in 2 pairs of jeans. One long pair for heels and one hemmed pair for flats.
- Wash your jeans inside out in cold water with a gentle soap. Do NOT dry jeans in the dryer. Try to wash your jeans as less as possible. If possible, dry clean your jeans. (Shh.. don't tell, but sometimes I go 2 weeks without washing my jeans)
Little Black Dress
Tips for selecting the perfect black dress:
- Select a dress that can be versatile. Ask yourself these questions. Can I wear this to work and out on the town? Would this dress look good with heels and flats?
- Make sure that your dress flatters your best features.
- Make sure the neckline is not too low or the hem is not too short. Especially if you plan on wearing it to work.
Have a few solid shirts that accentuates your eye color and skin tone.
Find your perfect tee at Loft, Gap, Old Navy or Target.
Cardigans also work well as a layering piece in the winter, and more of a “throw-on” piece for the spring.
Try wearing a cardigan over a cute floral dress instead of drab winter colors to signify the movement of the seasons. Another option is to switch out full-length sleeved cardigans for ¾ inch sleeved cardigans to feel less stuffy and confined.
Tips for buying cardigans:
- Buy neutral colors that you can pair with bright patterned tops
- Buy solid or patterned cardigans that you can pair with solid tops
- Embellishments are a fun detail to have on your cardigan. Make sure that the embellishment will not limit your wear of the cardigan.
I love to buy my cardigans from Old Navy and Loft.
Tips for buying the perfect trench coat:
- Buy a color that will go with most of your wardrobe. Neutrals such as black, brown and cream are always your best bet. If you are like me, you like to stand out from the crowd and a color is the right choice for you.
- Consider the weight of your trench coat. Depending where you live, will determine the weight and style of your coat.
Brighten up your basics with a different colored scarf for the spring and summer. They can add a punch of color and texture to your wardrobe.
If you have any signature pieces you just love for spring or summer send us a link or picture and where you got it. We would love to see it!