Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Vitamin B Boost - Simple Inspiration

I know it's been a while since my last post.  I have been trying to get used to doing it all.  (Isn't that always the case for a woman.)  As you know, from previous posts that I moved my office to my house and it's just me working, no more staff.  It's been an adjustment, but honestly I love it.  I miss the team work and collaboration but it has been so great doing all the designing.  I feel so much more organized!  I am a control freak anyhow and it adds fuel to the fire!

I have a secret obsession of watching the show "Hoarders".  I am perplexed by how someone can become so extreme.  After watching, I immediately throw something away!  I personally don't like clutter and having too many items on display.  Although having lots of things on display can be quite beautiful, it's personally not my thing.  I believe there is beauty in the space between.  It brings adoration to those few precious pieces you have.  Here's some examples of how simplicity can be beautiful and not boring....

The wall treatment gives this room life

Graphic wallpaper and art can always make a space interesting without filling the room with things.  Love the pops of color!

The attention is immediately drawn to the luxurious velvet tufted banquet

Simple and fresh color palette

Love the dichotomy of the old and new

A room doesn't have to be white to be clean and simple.  The chocolate brown walls warm this space.

Love the brown and white.  Contrast is always crisp and clean to me.

The repetition of the logs and the void space between them make this a great art piece.

I am a big fan of white, black and citron right no, so naturally this room is so me!

Love this storage idea!  Simple and Beautiful way to store you things in a room.

You can have simplicity and color.

This neutral palette is soothing

Symmetry is always pleasing to the eye

Asymmetry calls attention to the painting.

Sometime windows and doors are where you need them to be in a space and you have to improvise.  This is a great solution when your sofa has to float in front of a window.  (Hmmm, sounds like another great blog idea)

I hope these simply designed rooms inspire you to edit your decor, or rearrange your decorative items to bring new life into a room.  And remember, the less you have, the less you have to clean! ~Brandy

1 comments:

essay best said...

Wow. You have shared such a wonderful compilation of home décor ideas. I personally like white too but it sometimes seems difficult to clean.

Post a Comment