How they do it in Europe!
- 1/4 tsp.
- 2 1/4 cup milk
- 4 Tbsp butter (melted)
- 2 cups flour
- Sliced fruit
- Chocolate Syrup
- Powdered Sugar
Step by Step:
1. Combine first 5 ingredients in large bowl and mix (whisk) until all lumps are gone
2. Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto warm medium sized skillet. Now the tricky part: very quickly lift pan off burner and move the pan in a circular motion, swirling the batter around the pan to cover almost the entire surface. When the batter is evenly spread, place the skillet back on the burner. Wait until
evenly cooked (should only take a few seconds) and flip the entire crepe over. After a few seconds, the other side should be cooked and can be removed for eating.
1. Lay crepe flat on plate and spread with Nutella (amazing chocolate hazelnutty goodness) across surface.
2. Place sliced fruit in middle of plate according to your desire
3. Fold opposite sides of crepe in on top of each other
and flip over so that the folds are underneath
4. Drizzle chocolate syrup across surface
5. Sprinkle with powdered sugar
7. Have another!
-Try, try & try again! It will take a few mess-ups before you get the perfect crepe, my last few always seem to be the best. It just takes some practice!
-Try not to let the pan get too hot in-between pours. You don't want the batter to cook too quickly before you have time to swirl it around the pan. After a few tries you will get a feel for the perfect temperature.
- The thinner the crepe the better!
- Experiment with toppings! (Ham & cheese is another fave of mine, especially when the crepe is still warm and the cheese melts right away, yummmm!)