Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Don't Need to Pass the Salt


So sorry to our faithful readers for not posting this yesterday, but as it was a holiday weekend, we had to play catch up with that thing called work. To celebrate Memorial Day and my encroaching 2 year anniversary of being called Mrs. Helgesen, Big E and I jetted off to the city that never sleeps for the weekend. This was my first time visiting NYC so I prepared myself by downloading my theme song for the weekend, Alicia Keys' Empire State of Mind. Big E was definitely tired of hearing my tone deaf version on the drive to the airport but that didn't stop me from singing albeit shouting "Neeewww Yooorrrkkk, concrete jungle where dreams are made of!"

I would like to give you a taste (quite literally) of our trip. We only had two full days in the city but got to have some of the best food these lips have ever touched. Enjoy! Hope you don't salivate all over your keyboard!

"Fat and Fluffy French Toast" at Sara Beth's across from Central Park. You are what you eat comes to mind. We walked a lot!






















Grimaldi's Pizzeria in Brooklyn. Had to wait an hour and half but the best pizza ever, be sure to get extra garlic!
















Bagel Egg Sandwich at Zucker's. You just can't go to NYC without having a fresh bagel. These carbs taste soooo good!















Cupcakes from Magnolia Bakery because one cupcake is never enough!















There were so many places we wanted to try but there just wasn't enough meals in one day! I think it would probably take a couple years to try everything in NYC. Hope you enjoyed looking at all the yummy food. Until next time ~ Jessica

PS Where are your favorite places to eat in NYC???

0 comments:

Post a Comment