Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Are you watching???

I just watched HGTV's new show Home by Novogratz for the first time last night and loved it! I love how crazy and funky the Novogratz designs are. I never watched their show on Bravo so I really didn't even know much about them.

Cortney and Robert Novogratz are a husband wife duo design team with some really creative designs. Their show on Bravo was called 9 By Design because not only are they fabulous designers but they also have 7 children! That's right, I said 7! Wow!


Ok, let's check out some of their work:


First up, their home in NYC. They completely gutted this place and it turned it into a really cool family home. 





With seven kids, I am sure this room gets a lot of use!










And now a look at their country home:







I love how bright and cheery their designs are. It just makes me happy!

Here's a look at some rooms from the new show on HGTV, Home by Novogratz:


These first 3 pictures are from an episode about two sisters who love to surf and recently bought a beach house that needed some major design attention.

I love the girly striped staircase









Next up is a family beach condo in Long Beach, NJ:

Love the graphic carpet tiles and those cage chairs! Not to mention that family light box art. 


Here's the boys' room. The beds are actually covered in duct tape. I think this is such a creative idea to dress up boring furniture. The boys thought it was the coolest thing!

 This girls room. I love the shiny curtain for art behind the bed and that chair is just crazy!


 And then we get to the parent's room. As much as I love the Novogratz, this room looks like a huge miss to me. First up, the yellow carpet and yellow walls is way to much. I get that they are trying to make it fun and bright but in the words of Vern Yip, this is a color that you can see through your eyelids.  Also, those lamps and blanket look bad and that bed doesn't go at all. The neon sign looks tacky with the rest of the furniture. Nothing goes at all, even for an eclectic space, not to mention the mirror on the ceiling....seriously?

What do you think?

~Jessica





1 comments:

Morgan @ PepperDesignBlog.com said...

This looks like an awesome show - love that they have 7 kids!

Post a Comment